Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Opening Saturday, September 14

Santos y Milagros
Artwork by Adrienne Lesperance

Hatch Gallery, 3456 Evaline St., Hamtramck

Opening: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 6 pm – 10 pm
Show runs through Saturday, October 12, 2013
Gallery Hours: Saturdays, 1-6 pm beginning September 21st
Third Thursday, September 19, 6 pm – 9 pm

Saints and Miracles. You can believe in whatever God you want or none at all. I think, though, that everyone can agree that good people come into your life. Crazy things happen sometimes, unexplainable things. Your life is touched by other people in positive ways. My work is always inspired by my life and by the people closest to me. In this series of paintings, the stories of family become the stories of myth or of saints. Actual events are spun into dramatic narratives. They become something bigger, greater. But in my view, they are portrayed in these portraits as momentous, as grand, and as influential as they truly are to me in life. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Find Us On Facebook